Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Train

The beginning of November I was driving on one of our busy expressway's and a billboard caught my attention.  It had a big Santa on it and said "CHRISTMAS TRAIN" I have heard of many people talk about it.  We went SEVERAL years ago (over 12 at least) and I hardly remember it!  So I jumped online when I got home and looked it up.  It was my lucky day, that next Monday and Tuesday they were selling tickets for $8 (which is half price!)I asked our family if they wanted to join us and they all accepted!  Friday December 9th we bundled up and headed to Dry Gulch, USA to ride the Christmas Train!  

Our first stop of the evening was The Christmas Train, while riding the train we experienced the true meaning of Christmas with the sights and sounds of the season. The train ride itself featured beautiful (I think hand painted) artwork and live reenactments.  I was very very cool!

Train station


The Christmas Train

After dinner we went to Santa's Palace to put our name on the list to see Santa.  After we got on the list and got a pager (it's a restaurant pager that works anywhere in the park!  They buzz you when you are 5 mins from seeing Santa.)

We walked around the different shops and took in all the sights and sounds they had to offer!

By the end of the night we were all tired (and cold) but we had a great time and I can't wait to make it our new Christmas Tradition!





No comments:

Post a Comment